Who writes this stuff?

My photo
I try to keep my priorities in order: Jesus, my Andy, our children, everything else. I homeschool our boys, love to read almost all written words and have been challenged by the military life for 18 years. Right now my faulty human body is demanding a lot of attention. One day at a time, learning as much as possible every day and remembering to look for JOY when other things threaten to overwhelm.

My Blog Title Verse

"For the Lord gives wisdom. From His mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6 NKJV
The Message translation puts it this way "God gives out Wisdom free, is plainspoken in Knowledge and Understanding."


Saturday, January 14, 2017

New year, new words

The desire to write has returned, and permission, even encouragement, from God has followed. The only thing missing is the remembering of how.
 How do I take these words running around in my heart and head and turn them into something understandable?
 How do I organize them to be, not just readable, but worthwhile?
 How do I weed out the ones that are not needed, and make sure to express the ones that are crying out to be heard?

 I am not sure yet, but I am working on it.

 So we will start with someone else's words.

"My God, behold me, wholly yours. Lord, make me according to your heart." Brother Lawrence, The Practice of the Presence of God

 I think I sometimes fall into a habit of behavior that, while not evil, is no longer striving for more. I have lots of practice at being a follower of Christ, and sometimes I am content to just keep doing what I have always done. Which is comfortable, and safe, and maybe slightly boring... but easy.
 Then I receive a reminder, usually from someone like Brother Lawrence, that I should be asking, every day, for God to make me WHOLLY His.

 Not just partially.

 Wholly.

 That is the challenge for this new year. I'll keep you posted as I discover how it applies to life :)

 How about you? Does God have a challenge for you this year?

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I am impressed that you are back at it! I am still completely uninspired, but I look forward to reading what you have to share! :) love you!

Beth Binkley said...

FINALLY, you start to write again!! In my heart, I believe you inspire people. I have never heard an unkind word ever come from your lips and I always see love & kindness when I se your face. You are the best mother to your precious boys & a very loving and patient wife. God could not be more happy with you. I sometimes wonder why you have the struggles that you do & I believe that is what keeps giving you full of faith & strength to keep on going!! You are a testament of his love.
Keep writing Bethany!! Get back to the other gift you have been given. You are changing the world...one blog at a time! xoxo